Digital Enabler & Innovator
I’d like to be part of your digital (r)evolution, even on a project base. Let’s get in touch.
My entrepreneurship is a combination of a creative mindset and a commercial spirit. During the last 20 years I have acquired business development, innovation, change, people, management and strong sales management skills.
I started my career in the information and communication business. After 8 years I had the opportunity to be a co-owner in an International Publishing Company. One of my missions was to convert digital threats in a disrupting market into business opportunities.
Media, technology and innovation have always been my passions. In my current company I am the key person regarding conceptual thinking and innovation in a disrupting (media) environment. Creating, managing go-to-market strategies and improving portfolio’s is the core of my expertise.
Having experience in managing short deadlines. I’m a team owner and player. Always keep in mind to inform, to inspire and to entertain based on the needs of the audience. Stay focused to improve the customer experience and convinced that “Less is more”.
Empowering & Converting business for a bright digital future.
Strategic Business Development, Sales & Marketing, Project & Interim management.
4Publishers.be – A framework for publishers, including news website, CMS, newsletters, social community layer, ecommerce & automation
Rekad is Publishing & Media Company B2B/B2C magazines, news websites, eshops & events – rekad.be
- Managing departments, brands, magazines & sales
- Business Development – B2C, B2B & French market
- Strategic & digital marketing (e-commerce, media planning, Partnerships)
- Financial management (TCO, KPI monitoring, forecasting, P&L)
- Developing a vision about the future of publishing & media (FMCG)
- Board advisor (Former board member)
- Guiding the Digital Transformation, change & innovation (Incl. design thinking)
- Rebranding magazines, Re-modeling the editorial multimedia workflow
- Developing an online publishing platform for 25 magazines (& 52 websites)
- Director of several magazines (Incl. Deep-dive: Editor in chief)
- Deploying multi-channel content/business strategies (e-commerce, Go-to-Market)
- International consumer events, workshops, seminars, Brand concepts & video production.
- TCO, KPI monitoring, forecasting, P&L
- Board advisor (Former board member)
- Identifying up-selling opportunities based on customer needs.
- Translating and developing these business opportunities together with the strategic accounts and improving these propositions during follow-up focus groups.
- Building strong and long-term relationships with potential, new and existing clients.
- Promoting the values, benefits and USPs of the consumer goods (Smartphones, tablets, routers) and prepare effective sales presentation for major Telcos in the BeLux.
- Build strong relationship with partners to extend the portfolio.
- I reported direct to HQ in Munich (D) for ensuring market leadership.
- In the “Innovation LAB” we developed next.gen mobile products, app’s and business cases for 3G/4G and broadband internet.
- Using technological excellence to provide comprehensive solutions. These creative ideas were converted into lead generations for Telcos and service providers across the globe.
Skills & Expertise
Entrepreneurship, leadership, empathy, loyal, diplomatic, team owner, ownership, team player, flexible, creative thinking, design thinking, lean startup, start-up mentality, hands-on, critical-constructivist approach, facilitator, innovator, immune to stress, flexibel, creative, empowerment, integrity, analytic thinking, coaching, negotiation skills, solution driven, enabler, eager to learn, committed
Courses & Seminars
Road to Growth – UNIZO & Antwerp management school, 2017
PLATO 1000 – VOKA (Spk), 2005-2006
Business Planning – Frost & Sullivan (London), 2001
Experience Vlerick Evening – Vlerick Business School (Gent) , 2018
Online courses & seminars – Youtube, Linkedin, websites, ongoing
- HUB-EHSAL-Post University program, Business Administration, 2000 – 2001
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel – Business Administration, 1998 – 1999
- Howest University of Applied Sciences – Industrial Engineering, 1992 – 1996
- Master of Science in Electronics and ICT Engineering Technology & Process Automation
- Projet “Terre de Femme”, The Yves Rocher Foundation (2006 – 2010)
- Scouting – Saeftinghe, Kortrijk (1982 – 1994)
- Traveling, photography, music,
- sports (swimming & MBK), gardening, Innovation based technology, culture, design furniture.
- Living in Westerlo in Belgium (not Albany County, New York)
- Distance between the two Westerlo’s on the internet High Way = less then 2 sec
- Birthday: March, 12th, 1970
- Marital Status: Married with 2 kids Michelle(20) & Alexander(17)